Hi! I want to tell you how I lived the “Chilean national plebiscite” last Sunday.
I decided to vote in the afternoon because I saw on tv that there were many people and queues to vote. Around five o'clock, I put in my bag what I needed to vote: identity card, mask, blue pen, and alcohol gel. When I was ready, my dad told me that if I waited for him, he could drive me to my vote location (the wait seemed eternal). It was close to my house, but due to the pandemic we prefer to avoid public transport.
Everything was fast, there were no queues. When I was voting, I read each ballot twice for not making a mistake.
At 8:00 pm we watched the vote count on television. I thought the results would be more disputed.
A neighbor invited me to go to “Plaza Dignidad” to celebrate but i didn’t go. I live with my grandmother (94 yr.) so we can't take risks like this, although I‘d have liked to go, and I was a bit sad watching the celebrations on TV. Hahaha
When the exit plebiscite is approved and the current constitution dies, I will celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment