Friday, 6 November 2020

The food and Me

Hi everybody! Today I will talk about food.

When I was a child I was very bad at eating. My mom fought me to get something to eat. I did not like to chew and the skin of the beans stuck to my throat. But I loved drinking milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

When I got a little older my grandma started to carry me and she taught me how to eat. Sometimes we stayed at the table from 13.00 until 19.00 waiting for me to finish eating lunch.

Currently, in my family, although my dad is a roast lover, 2 of my 3 sisters are vegetarians, I’m not, but I prefer meals without meat. Actually I eat meat once every three months, maybe less.

My favourite food is “charquican” of vegetables, with eggs. Charquicán is a typical Chilean stew. It is made with potatoes, pumpkin, green beans, peas, corn, onion, garlic, chard and charqui (dry meat) or beef. This recipe is also prepared in Bolivia, Perú and Argentina too. But in each country its preparation is different and made with different ingredients. In my case, we replace beef with soy meat. In some places it is made with cochayuyo or they add seafood. I have always hated eating seafood and fish. I really dislike its taste and smell. Also the interiors of animals (like guatitas or “chunchules”).

Do you like charquican? Have you try it? Thank you for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. The Charquican is delicious, although there are many varieties and ways of preparing it, it is always tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that over time you have been able to learn to eat and I admire your grandmother's patience ♡
    And I agree with you, the charquicán is delicious and I also don't like seafood and chunchules ew haha (╥﹏╥)

    ReplyDelete